The new Opeth album title is now official. It's "Watershed" and is going to be released in late May or early June.

The songs are as follows:
  • "Coil"
  • "Heir Apparent"
  • "The Lotus Eater"
  • "Burden"
  • "Porcelain Heart"
  • "Hessian Peel"
  • "Hex Omega"

Besides this four other tracks has been recorded. One own composition, "Derelict Herds", and three cover songs; Robin Trower's "Bridge Of Sighs", Marie Fredriksson's (female singer from Roxette) "Den Ständiga Resan" and Alice in Chains "Would?".

Mikael Åkerfeldt about the new record:

I've worked so hard with these songs for quite some time now, I've listened to 'em a zillion times. I don't hate them just yet! The album sounds great sonically and I think I can hear us evolving as the record plays on. It is taking us somewhere musically and I don't know where. It's very exciting to say the least! I can't remember having enjoyed a recording this much ever before.

I'm really excited about this record and it seems like an eternity to its release. Read more at Opeth.com.

edit post

Comments